Westminster Institute events are recorded and made available here and on our YouTube channel. You can subscribe to our channel for regular updates as we add new content or register with our mailing list to hear about upcoming presentations, news, and our ongoing work.
116. Analysis of the Geopolitics of the Libya Conflict
115. David Wurmser: The Reemergence of Civilizations (including Russia’s) as the Defining Factor in the Future of the Middle East
114. Mehdi Khalaji: Inside Iran: What Forces Will Decide its Future, and How?
113. Cynthia Farahat: Is the Muslim Brotherhood Still a Threat Today?
112. Dr. Patrick M. Cronin: Total Competition: The China Challenge in the South China Sea
111. Ali H. Alyami: Saudi Arabia’s Unpredictable Future
110. Bilal Wahab: Iraqi Freedom Confronts Iranian Domination
109. Christopher C. Harmon: How Terrorist Groups End
108: Ali Jalali: Is Peace Possible in Afghanistan?
107. Dr. Stephen Blank: How does the Russo-Chinese Alliance Threaten U.S. Interests and Alliances?
106. Dr. Samuel Gregg: Reason, Faith, and the Struggle for Western Civilization
105: Bill Gertz: Deceiving the Sky: Inside Communist China’s Drive for Global Supremacy
104. Paul Marshall: Indonesia’s Muslim Counter Radicalization Movements
103. David Des Roches: The On-going War in the Persian Gulf: Why Does It Matter to the US?
102. Robert Louis Wilken: Liberty in the Things of God: The Christian Origins of Religious Freedom
101. Saeed Ghasseminejad: The Effect of U.S. Sanctions on Iran’s Economy
100. MeiLee Dozier and Dr. Jeff Moore: ISIS’ leaderless revolution and the Sri Lanka attacks
99. Faith McDonnell, Andudu Adam Elnail, Ibrahim Ahmed, Daowd Salih: Which Revolution Will Succeed in Sudan?
98. Richard Landes: Caliphaters and Apocalyptic Jihad: The Dynamics of the Most Powerful Millennial Movement of the 21st Century
97. Farahnaz Ispahani: Purifying the Land of the Pure: Pakistan’s Religious Minorities
96. Ilan Berman: The Future of the War on Terror – ISIS and After
95. Walid Phares: US Strategy in the Middle East Till 2020: Will It Work?
94. Juliana Geran Pilon: The Art of Peace: Engaging a Complex World
93. Shmuel Bar: The Fertile Crescent – Between Russia, Iran and Israel
92. Mary Habeck: How to Identify Through Practices and Methodology
91. Kenneth Pollack: Armies of Sand: The Past, Present, and Future of Arab Military Effectiveness
90. Samuel Tadros: The Sorrows of Egypt, Revisited
89. Sean McFate: The New Rules of War: Victory in the Age of Durable Disorder
88. Robert R. Reilly: Not What Went Wrong in the Arab World, but Why It Went Wrong: A Theological Answer
87. Tawfik Hamid: The Making (and Unmaking) of the Jihadist Mind
86. James Clad: The Islamic State Attacks Indonesia – And its ‘Middle Way’
85. Harun Maruf: Inside Al Shabaab: The Secret History of Al-Qaeda’s Most Powerful Ally
84. Aykan Erdemir: How Erdoğan Consolidates Power: the Weaponization of Turkish Media and the Scapegoating of Minorities
83. Dr. Jeff Moore: Evolution in Islamic insurgency in Asia
82. Robert Spencer: The History of Jihad
81. Daniel Brubaker: How Some Muslim Activists Use Speech Codes to Subjugate the West and How to Respond
80. Mansour Al-Hadj: What are the Prospects for Real Reform in Saudi Arabia?
79. Alberto Fernandez: Reinventing an American International Broadcasting Network to the Arab World
78. Wael Farouq: Conflicting Arab Identities
77. Dr. László Szabó: Immigration and the Preservation of European Culture
76. Ahmet S. Yayla: How Turkey Sees Its Role in the World and What That Means for the U.S.
75. Dr. Daniel Green: In the Warlords’ Shadow: Special Operations Forces, the Afghans, and Their Fight Against the Taliban
74. Dr. Jack Dziak: Old Lesson for New Wars: Counterintelligence at the Roots of Provocation and Terror
73. Patrick Clawson: Will the Islamic Republic Last Long Enough to Get a Nuclear Bomb?
72. Joseph Braude: Broadcasting Change: Arabic Media as a Catalyst for Liberalism
71. Lieutenant General (Ret.) Agus Widjojo: Strengthening Democracy and Pluralism: The Indonesian Way of Managing a Theistic Based Society and Constructive Religious Political Ideology
70. Chris Harmon: The Terrorist Argument: Modern Advocacy and Propaganda
69. The Taliban Revival: Violence and Extremism on the Pakistan-Afghanistan Frontier
68. Ibn Warraq: The Islam in Islamic Terrorism: The Importance of Beliefs, Ideas, and Ideology
67. Michael Pregent: After ISIS, the Future of Iraq in the Hands of Iran
66. David Goldman: Will China overtake the U.S. as the world’s leading superpower?
65. Faith McDonnell: Underestimating Sudan and What That Means to the Region, the U.S., and the World
64. Joshua Muravchik: Israel: How Was David Made into Goliath?
63. Wibawanto Nugroho: Understanding Islamist Radical Terrorism
62. General Abbas Ibrahim: Special Briefing: The Security Challenges for Lebanon and the Surrounding Area
61. Sarwah Abdulwahed Qadir: The Future of Iraqi Kurdistan, the Kurdish Independence Referendum, Women’s Rights, and What Happened under ISIS in Iraq
60. Former Congressman Frank Wolf and David Eubank, Free Burma Rangers: End of Christianity in the Cradle of Christendom?: A Report from Northern Iraq after ISIS
59. David Des Roches: Push and Pull of Religious Extremism: Who Are the Terrorists, How Are they Recruited, What Can We Do?
58. Ilan Berman: The Drivers of Russian Strategy in the Middle East
57. Mark Helprin: Unorthodox Thoughts In Regard to the Middle East Military Dimension
56. Bill Gertz: iWar: War and Peace in the Information Age
55. Mehdi Khalaji: How the Iranian Revolution Changed the Role of the Shia Clergy
54. Clifford May: Islamism and Jihadism: The Challenge and the Threat for Trump
53. Ali Jalali: Afghanistan: From the Great Game to the Global War on Terror
52. Chen Guangcheng: Civil Rights in China
51. Sebastian Gorka: The Future of Jihadist Terrorism
50. James Carafano: Immigration and National Security: The Global Response
49. Shmuel Bar: The Demise of the Arab State, Re-Tribalization, and the Emergence of Jihadistans
48. Robert McFarlane: The Sunni Response to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action
47. Yigal Carmon: How the Internet Developed the Global Jihadi Movement
46. Michael Eisenstadt: Winning Battles, Losing Wars: Rethinking U.S. Strategy in the Middle East
45. Michael Doran: Ike’s Gamble: America’s Rise to Dominance in the Middle East
44. Robert R. Reilly: Diplomacy in the Modern Era
43. John H. Moore’s Lessons from the Cold War
42. S. Frederick Starr: What was Islamic Culture and What Happened to It?
41. Sister Diana Momeka: Eyewitness to ISIS in Iraq
40. Celina Realuyo: Defunding ISIS and Other Terrorists
39. John Lenczowski: Politics and Ideology, Assessing the Russian Reality
38. Stephen Ulph: Islamism and Totalitarianism
37. Sam Tadros: The Future of Islamism in Egypt
36. Thomas Joscelyn: Al Qaeda After the Death of Bin Laden – The Future of Jihadist Terrorism
35. Robert R. Reilly: Closing of the Muslim Mind
34. Ahmet S. Yayla: Turkey and Erdogan
33. Suzanne Scholte: The Battle for Human Rights in North Korea: Is There Any Hope?
32. Gamal Arabi: Terrorism: A Political, Military Danger or a Cultural, Ideological Challenge?
31. Zuhdi Jasser: Fighting for Victory Against Islamism: A Muslim Blueprint for the West
30. Congressman Frank Wolf: Nigeria & International Religious Freedom
29. Michael Ledeen: Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam
28. Jack Rusenko: How to Define ISIS and How Morocco is Fighting It
27. Andrew C. McCarthy: What Keeps America from Protecting Itself from Radical Islam
26. Nibras Kazimi: How Jihadists Weaponize Islamic History and How to De-Weaponize It
25. Richard Miniter: The Consequences to National Security of Obama’s Leading from Behind
24. Clare Lopez: Gulen and the Gulenist Movement
23. Andrew Doran: Christian Genocide: Evidence for Its Designation and Saving Christianity in Iraq
22. Kanan Makiya: What Went Wrong in 2003, An Iraqi Story for the Future
21. Sebastian Gorka: America and Irregular Warfare
20. Joseph Humire: Iranian Strategic Influence in the Hemisphere
19. Michael Pregent: How Iran Fuels ISIS
18. Ilan Berman: Iran’s Global Ambition
17. Robert Reilly: Deciphering the Middle East: Why the United States Usually Gets it Wrong
16. Tawfik Hamid: “Inside Jihad: How Radical Islam Works, and How to Defeat It”
15. Mike Pompeo: Dealing with Iran in a Post-Deal World
14. CIA Director James Woolsey: When Iran Goes Nuclear: Technology and Ideology
13. Dr. John M. Poindexter: National Security and the Islamic State: Foreign and Domestic
12. Westminster Institute Delegation to Egypt
11. Dr. Patrick Sookhdeo: The Role of Religion in the Battle Space since 9/11
10. Dr. Tawfik Hamid: The Psychology and Ideology of Islam Extremism
9. Dr. J. Michael Waller: The Muslim Brotherhood and the Mobilization of Power Ideology
8. Stephen Ulph: The Importance of Muslim Reformers
7. Robert R. Reilly: Information Operations-Successes and Failures
6. Dr. Walid Phares: A New U.S. Response to Upheaval in the Middle East
5. Diana West: Countering Subversion-Lessons from History
4. Katharine C. Gorka: The OIC’s Political Warfare
3. Sebastian Gorka: A New American Strategy
2. Diana West: American Betrayal: the Secret Assault on Our Nation’s Character
1. Deborah Weiss: Combating Free Speech Infringement